Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Terminal Services over VPN

From: "Peter Van Eeckhoutte" <peter.ve () pandora be>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:48:02 +0200

Terminal Services in itself is not secure. The encryption algoritm may be
weak, people have discovered a DoS & Mitm vulnerability;
and tsgrinder allow people to brute force Terminal Service users...

Running TS over VPN is the recommended way;  it runs fine (and fast
enough... the only traffic consists of screen information; no real data)
A normal TS session requires about 18k to run fast  (I know Citrix is
faster, but it is more expensice too)

Hope this helps