Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Terminal Services over VPN

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:10:21 +0100

terminal services should be treated as insecure traffic. there are various
reasons, but among them 1. the encryption is breakable (search bugtraq for a
discussion about that) and 2. you probably want a more secure authentication
from external hosts than just letting a TS window pop up to anyone who
connects to you. the discussion whether MS VPN is secure is better left
unstarted...

badenIT GmbH
System Support

Chris Meidinger