Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network scanning

From: Rory <nazgul () csn ul ie>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:28:29 +0100 (IST)

Yup you quite right, I was wrong on this one alright. I dind't intend my
answer to be taken up as a whole soln although looking at my post I made
very little effort to clarify this. So seeing as my lame idea got shot
down I have a question Is there any point in putting in mac filters the ?
If you going to use something else to authenticate the hosts joining the
network whats the point is there anything to be actually gained by it? I
thought it was a good thing to add in anyways as it is a simple thing to
do and it's an extra check, albeit and easily circumvented one.