Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Adware, spyware, and trojans

From: "Carere, Courtney" <CCarere () rich com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:42:32 -0500

A lot of people have been suggesting Adaware to me, which is a great piece
of software that I knew about, but unfortunately it must be run on each
computer individually (as opposed to a server) and doesn't allow much room
for automation...

I think what I was thinking about wasn't so much spyware as software that
would search out running Trojans...maybe scanning for established
connections on ports used as the default for some well-known trojans,
something like that.  As far as I know, antivirus software doesn't do this.

- - Courtney Carere