Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Adware, spyware, and trojans

From: Earl Heather <spam () pheather com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:58:01 -0700

If your interested in some more info then I recommend that you check
out the forums at

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php

where you'll find discussions on all these topics and more, including
comparisons of various tools available

the site continues to attract a growing legion of security developers
and users who try to help out all who visit

Its companion site
http://www.wilders.org/
is a good reference site and compliments the forums, including links
to a lot of current security software

hope this helps

pheather

1.  What's the distinction between spyware, adware, and trojan
software?  (My antivirus software says it protects against Trojans,
and I've seen programs like SubSeven in its log files.)

2.  Is there any good software that detects and removes spyware,
ideally controlled and updated continuously from a central server?

Thanks!

- - Courtney Carere