Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Adware, spyware, and trojans

From: Mr Babak Memari <memari () softhome net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 23:11:00 +0330

> On Fri, 6 Dec "Carere, Courtney" <CCarere () rich com>  wrote:
>

>>Upon reading "The Art of Deception" by Kevin Mitnick yesterday (an
>>excellent book, by the way), he writes that most antivirus software
>>does not detect spyware, which was a shock to me.  Spyware seems to
>>be defined as software that logs keystrokes, screenshots, user
>>actions, etc.  I have a couple of questions:
>>
>>1.  What's the distinction between spyware, adware, and trojan
>>software?  (My antivirus software says it protects against Trojans,
>>and I've seen programs like SubSeven in its log files.)
>>
>>2.  Is there any good software that detects and removes spyware,
>>ideally controlled and updated continuously from a central server?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>- - Courtney Carere

"Garbrecht, Frederick" <FGarbrecht () ecogchair org> sent a good answer.
I am a paranoid in security,although I am not an expert at it.
For removing Spywares  use Adaware  www.lavasoft.de
For removing Key-Loggers use  Anti-Keyloggers  www.Anti-Keyloggers.com
and don`t worry about Adwares ,because thay just have a advertising
banner like Opera Browser www.opera.com.
if you are a paranoid (like me ) ,block Adwares too.

and take a look at www.geocities.com/memari10/

-----
Babak from IRAN
www.geocities.com/memari10/