Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Linksys 4-port Router NAT/Firewall

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () KYX NET>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:30:57 -0700

P.s. has anyone cracked theirs open yet to see what makes it tick
what kind of processor, mem, etc?  I don't have time to dissasemble
my network in the next week so I can't quit dissasemble mine but I
would be curious on any such data...

I suspect that it uses a processor and single one of these multiple phy
interface chips that have been released fairly recently - which would
also account for its price competitiveness. But maybe they've shrunk
it down to a single asic, now that the ic manufacturers are offering
the capabilities to easily drop custom CPU cores on to just about
anything.

thanks,
--dr

--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
pgp fingerprint: 18C7 E37C 2F94 E251 F18E  B7DC 2B71 A73E D2E8 A56D