PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Good router?

From: st4ckhou5e at gmail.com (St4ckHOu5e)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:41:07 -0700

I am looking for a new router. I noticed on the forums that Paul suggested a
ASUS WL-500G premium because you can change out the broadcom mini-pci card
for an Atheros one but as I was researching the WL-500G premium all I could
find were the version 2s which apparently do not let you change out the
card. Is it still worth it if you can't change out the card? I know that
some opensource broadcom drivers were just release but have read that there
are still some problems. What are your suggestion on a good router that I
can install openwrt on, preferably something with a good amount of ram and
flash for messing around with, maybe even a USB port or two. This is mostly
for playing around with and learning.

http://ubnt.com/products/rs.php look like it could be fun but I may still be
too much a noob for this :)

Thanks,