PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Good router?

From: paul at pauldotcom.com (Paul Asadoorian)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:26:13 -0500

Ah yes, I've got a Soekris, I love it!  It runs Debian and handles my
internal DNS and DHCP services.  Highly recommended (draws less power
than a full server, and has way more CPU/RAM/Flash than a WRT).  No
wireless in the  one I have:

http://www.soekris.com/net5501.htm

I think total mine was like $350...  They do have one with dual-mini pci:

http://www.soekris.com/net4826.htm

But it appears end of life...

Cheers,

Paul

matt donovan wrote:
I know a few people did mess with the Alix boards. Myself I m looking at
getting a soekris board to mess around with. Routerboard is good if you
want a Linux based router though.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Paul Asadoorian <paul at pauldotcom.com