PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Good router?

From: kitchetech at gmail.com (matt donovan)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:14:39 -0500

I know a few people did mess with the Alix boards. Myself I m looking at
getting a soekris board to mess around with. Routerboard is good if you want
a Linux based router though.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Paul Asadoorian <paul at pauldotcom.com>wrote:

Hey Chris,

Not certain what your budget is, but I've been playing around with
non-consumer grade stuff lately.  Its more expensive ($200-$300 /
router), but works so much better (++flash/RAM, ability to choose your
wifi chipset, etc...).  Check out:

http://routerboard.com/
http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm

The RouterStation looks awesome as well, ships with OpenWrt, w00t!  I've
done some routerboard532 hackings, its a great platform.

Anyone else tinkering with any of the above gear?

Cheers,
Paul