nanog mailing list archives

RE: Vonage Hits ISP Resistance

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:26:43 -0800

Also, as a former medical professional who has some actual experience
with these scenarios, I'd like to point out that the percentage of times
that people are _NOT_ screwed, even if the location pops up and EMS gets
there as absolutely fast as possible is less than 1%.

That's right... If you are having a serious heart attack, and, are to the
point where you are unconscious before EMS arrives, your survival
probability
is less than 1% with BLS capable EMS.  If you are fortunate enough to live
in an area where ACLS is provided on the EMS rig, that probability rises
to something on the order of 3-5%.

So, let's look at this somewhat in perspective.

Owen

Apologies... I've resisted the desire to post to the off-topic parts of this
as long as I can.