funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: Richard Cox <richard () beijing spamhaus cn>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:03:45 +0000

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:06:54 -0500 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

Right. I was pointing out that in *reality*, GoodMail will bill on
the *total* volume, not the volume that goes to GoodMail customers.
So if you send a mailing of 1M pieces of mail, of which *one* goes
to AOL, you're *still* on the hook for $10K.

Not as I understand the mechanism (and the mechanism is important here).
Payments are triggered by the action of EITHER a Goodmail recipient
validating the token, OR a bounce being detected.  Mail that goes to
ISPs that don't use Goodmail, don't trigger a validation and are not
counted for billing purposes.

Richard