funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:07:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

On 2/7/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Not to mince (your) words, but thats exactly what I am saying the problem is.

A million paid subscribers, and 100,000 of those give <snip> $1000 <snip> to ensure that
their email doesn't get blocked.

Now thats just draconian IMO, very harsh Dr Solly, but a good way to
make a lot of money. We just need to make sure you dont scare off the
users. We also need to make sure email remains a viable method for
advertising to and annoying people over vast distances cheaply.

the ISP is <snip> planning to <snip> users

What are they doing to their users? I want in!

You raise a good question, will AOL pay AOL to deliver its own spam?
Can Yahoo use an ORBL so big, that they themselves cannot bypass it?
There are all valid questions, but I am afraid the gods of email will
just have to answer that for themselves. Me? I am going back to the
telegraph.

If you're going to snip, cut and paste my words so that you make it look
like I'm saying the opposite of what I said, then you haven't understood
the purpose of quoting an email you reply to.