Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft plans tighter security measures in Windows XP SP2

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 10:40:49 -0600

--On Sunday, November 02, 2003 8:20 AM -0500 William Warren <hescominsoon () adelphia net> wrote:

I have dcom killed on all machines here in my house and file and printer
sharing work just fine....as to RA i bet if the windows version is broken
i use VNC here and it works without issue..<G>

That's nice. At UTD we have over 3500 Windows computers and numbers VLANs. Our issues are slightly more complex than yours.

At home, I don't even have Client for Microsoft Networks enabled, much less File and Printer Sharing.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member