Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft plans tighter security measures in Windows XP SP2

From: William Warren <hescominsoon () adelphia net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 08:20:50 -0500

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: yossarian [mailto:yossarian () planet nl] Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 8:15 AM
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Microsoft plans tighter security measures in Windows XP SP2

The introduction of an ACL on DCOM: well, why not just disable DCOM? Most users don't need it, it does not solve problems that could not be solved in another way.

File and printer sharing is not needed?  Remote administration is not
needed?  Maybe not in home use, but in corporate?

I have dcom killed on all machines here in my house and file and printer sharing work just fine....as to RA i bet if the windows version is broken i use VNC here and it works without issue..<G>

--
May God Bless you and everything you touch.

My "foundation" verse:
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html