Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft plans tighter security measures in Windows XP SP2

From: "Phillip R. Paradis" <prp17 () adelphia net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:51:01 -0500

My Windows XP Professional EULA (which I never assented to
because it was installed on machine when I got it and only my
cat ever hit the OK button. Sue him). It seems to indicate
there is no problem with VNC as long as only one user at a
time is accessing the machine remotely. For a workstation
that is a reasonable restriction.

Note that the 1 user restriction specifically does not apply to the MS
remote access software; only to third-party software. That distinction is
clearly anti-competitive.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html