Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Sources for Extranet Designs?

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:50:58 -0600

Just to add some fuel to the fire, I agree with Ron. Security seems almost
secondary to many B2B implementations. Almost a "if we trust them to
partner, why worry" kind of attitude.

If you want to look at things that you can do though, there is a relatively
short bullet list[1]:

Use VPNs between sites
Terminate VPNs into DMZs
Implement firewalls at the termination point
Grant access only to those resources in the DMZ that each company needs
access to
Never grant access to your production network or resources

[1] This is by no means an exhaustive list, but at least give a starting
point. The devil of course is in the details.

Wes Noonan
mailinglists () wjnconsulting com
http://www.wjnconsulting.com
Hardening Network Infrastructure - A concise how to guide
Available Spring 2004
Order at http://tinyurl.com/2nof4