Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PIX firewall and name resolution

From: "Hall, Nicky" <Nicky.Hall () isma co uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:11:26 -0000

We are about to implement a DHCP environment. We currently have a PIX firewall with 6 interfaces and therefore vast
access lists. When rules are configured with a machine name Is there any way of getting the pix to resolve this name to
the DNS rather than it's own pre-configured name list to ease administration of the firewall.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Nicky

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.  If you have received it in error, you are on
notice of its status.  Please notify us immediately by return e-mail to the originator and then delete this message
from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do
so could be a breach of confidence.