Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Sources for Extranet Designs?

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:41:28 -0600

-----Original Message-----
Never grant access to your production network or resources

I was ok up until that last one...

What's the point of connecting them up, if they don't get access to
anything
(isn't stuff in the DMZ *production*? Perhaps you meant
"Never grant access to your *internal* production network or resources?"

Yes and no. To start with, never grant access to your production network or
resources. Then work back from that accordingly which will in all likelihood
lead you to "Never grant access to your *internal* production network or
resources". I think we are both on the same path, just at different places
on it. :-)

Wes Noonan
mailinglists () wjnconsulting com
http://www.wjnconsulting.com
Hardening Network Infrastructure - A concise how to guide
Available Spring 2004
Order at http://tinyurl.com/2nof4