Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Statistics for Firewalls

From: "Roten, Charles" <charles.roten () wamu net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:23:17 -0700

Hi, Danny.  You asked ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Sutantyo, Danny [mailto:DSutantyo () livingstonintl com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 8:37 AM
To: firewall-wizards () honor icsalabs com
Subject: RE: [fw-wiz] Statistics for Firewalls

Thanks for all the response,
It's very useful info for me, and I am also comparing
fwlogsum to www.sawmill.com product, and they are almost
similar. Also is any other way to enable those bandwidth
measurement in the log of checkpoint FW instead of
changing from "short" or "long" to "account"? I just
don't want to degrade the firewall performance.

What's the easiest way to get all the log from PIX fw?
so I can parse it on my local machine?

Thanks
DS

PIX firewalls support the Unix "syslog" network logging
mechanism.  At my site, the architects of one of our
DMZs configured one Solaris box as a syslog server.  The
PIX logs show up in /var/adm/messages like the syslog
server's own locally generated logs do.

Charles Roten