Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password management tools

From: Steven Blanc <sblanc () BOWDOIN EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:00:16 +0000

Bowdoin IT has used Password Manager Pro for about 6 years now.  Overall the experience has been okay.  Passwords can
be stored and shared securely with a good audit trail, however updates tend to introduce new browser compatibility
issues (every time) and in general we find the sharing to be overly complicated (too many  levels to share at), which
has led to some passwords being put in twice.  We have recommended KeePass for one off solutions and personal use.  We
have also looked at moving to LastPass and Thycotic.

Steve

--
Steven Blanc
Associate CIO

Bowdoin College will never request that you send your password by email.