Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password management tools

From: Gary Windham <windhamg () EMAIL ARIZONA EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 16:07:29 -0600

The University of Arizona licensed Stache (https://security.utexas.edu/stache) from UT Austin. It provides an HSM-based
environment for protecting "secrets", while also providing escrow/recovery capabilities with an "M of N" security
model. Additionally, it provides group management/delegation features which make it well-suited for team-based use
cases.

We offer Stache to our campus community for general purpose use (i.e., "password manager" functionality) and also
utilize it for distribution and key escrow of S/MIME certificates.

Thanks,
--Gary

--
Gary Windham