Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: InfraGard

From: Lance Jordan <lancejor () RCI RUTGERS EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:52:39 -0500

Rodney

The NJ chapter is very active.  No one from RU is on the board, but I
and my staff attend most of the meetings and last year we hosted one of
the monthly meetings.  The topic was wireless security and our WINLab
(Wireless research facility) made one of the presentations.  (BTW this
research unit just received a $5 Mil grant for a large-scale wireless
research project).  Although most of the presentations are slanted
toward corporations, vendors and law enforcement it is a good networking
opportunity.

regards

Rodney Petersen wrote:

I have been wondering if InfraGard (http://www.infragard.net/) is
continuing to thrive in local areas since the creation of the new
Department of Homeland Security and the reorganization of key federal
government departments.  I know that my local chapter in Maryland
(http://www.mdinfragard.net/) continues to hold regular meetings and
provides interesting programs.

I am especially interested to learn if anyone on this list is active
in their local chapter or perhaps serves in a leadership role - such
as president or member of the board.  The program committee for the
Security Professionals Conference
(www.educause.edu/conference/security/2004
<file://www.educause.edu/conference/security/2004>) is planning to
schedule a session on InfraGard so we are looking for a quick status
report regarding its usefulness for colleges and universities.

Thanks,

Rodney Petersen
Security Task Force Coordinator, EDUCAUSE

EDUCAUSE Discussion Group discussion list can be found at
http://www.educause.edu/cg/.

--

Lance D. Jordan

Director, Information Protection & Security

Rutgers University Computing Services

(Voice) 732-445-8138           (Fax) 732-445-8023