Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: InfraGard

From: "Manson, Daniel" <DMANSON () CSUPOMONA EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:40:07 -0800

I have been a member of the Los Angeles chapter of Infragard for the past
year, and have attended several Infragard meetings.

We have a Higher Education sector, with members from USC, UCLA, Cal Poly
Pomona and other schools.  Other sectors include Banking and Finance,
Energy, Multimedia, Telecommunications, Transportation and Water.

Our last meeting was January 13th.  Topics included "The Convergence of
Physical and Information Technology" by Ron Moritz, Vice President of
Comptuer Associates, a presentation by Detective Chris Hicks, who workins on
the FBI "SAFE" team task force investigating Child Pornography, and a
presentation on Incident Response and Sarbanes-Oxley by Guidance Software.

I find Infragard to have good potential for education, networking and
information sharing.   However, there needs to be more active leadership in
our chapter to realize this potential.   We are currently holding elections,
I expect the new board to take a more active role.

The LA Chapter website is http://www.infragardla.com/
<http://www.infragardla.com/> .  As you can see, it is out of date.

Dan Manson
Information Security Officer
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Temple Ave
Pomona, CA 91768

I can't seem to get the Boston chapter to respond to me - have sent
several e-mail messages and nothing back.

Connie
Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM
Director, IT Security, Brown University
Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912
Connie_Sadler () Brown edu
PGP Fingerprint: 452A C178 1450 9CE1 3AC1  CC12 956F 2C55 DB94 A9C7
Office: 401-863-7266