Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remotely check login status

From: "Dan Denton" <ddenton () remitpro com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:42:02 -0600

Hello All,

It is also possible to check by using ssh commands remotely in combination
with the users, w, who, and finger commands.

ssh user@hostname /usr/bin/users
ssh user@hostname /usr/bin/w
ssh user@hostname /usr/bin/who
ssh user@hostname /usr/bin/finger

The full path to these commands probably isn't necessary, but included for
reference. Here you're using an encrypted protocol and password is required
(unless pub keys are used...).

Dan