Security Basics mailing list archives

FW: Taking control of user's desktops

From: tom.farrar () it-ps com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:58:55 +0000

TightVNC has a built in connection query which asks the users if they
accept the connection, with timeout options. Also, they are developing
'dfmirage' that doubles connection speed, apparently. Problem with VNC is
the lack of encryption, only the password is encrypted.

An other option is RAdmin, new to me but in testing we have had some
positive results with it, very fast and very secure.

Good luck!

Tom Farrar
Data Centre Engineer
tom.farrar () it-ps com