WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Recommendations for web app test?

From: "App Crawler" <appcrawler_8080 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:40:16 +0000

Well, we've decided that everything in our environment is pretty secure, except for our web applications. So, now we need to outsource the security assessment of our web applications. So, my question is, what should I be looking for? What should the auditors be looking for? How will I know that they are testing for what I need them to test for? What is a good price range, based on one e-commerce application, one employee intranet application, and one customer portal application? Should it be based on the number of forms? Or some other metric? Please advise?!?! Thanks.

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx