Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: "Alexander Sarras (SEA)" <Alexander.Sarras () sea ericsson se>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:43:15 +0200

It might be discussable installing a - easily uninstallable - routine
which send emails and (broadcast) messages to admin account
accessible from the infected box, stating very clearly what to do 1)
to get rid of the worm 2) to get rid of that utility afterwards. But
surely not another virus.

The only correct way IMHO is to shut of the access to the networks
for offenders. Via the direct ISP or the upstreams. This has been
done before, and this works.

SaS
- --
Dr. Alexander Sarras
Product Unit Enterprise Communication Systems
Ericsson Enterprise AB

Tel:   +43/1/811 00 4668
Fax:   +43/1/811 00 11 4668