Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: "Vachon, Scott" <Scott.Vachon () Paymentech com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:47:06 -0500

Article: Subject : Experts Reject Code Red II 'Cleanup Worm' Plan

http://www.dsinet.org/?id=1654

Hmm, All these "Experts" own or work for companies that "sell" security in
some fashion. Of course they reject it. They lose money if folks start
fixing things for free ! If I ONLY had a choice of strangers compromising my
systems with destructive goals in mind, or those compromising them and
patching vulnerabilities, I would choose the latter.

~S~

Disclaimer: My own two cents.