Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Default passwords

From: coldfire () CLOSED-NETWORKS COM (Cold Fire)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:06:17 +0100

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 09:34:35PM -0000, Russ Katz wrote:
Here's a list of default passwords for various systems and
services taken
from the Alt.2600 FAQ. Hope this helps..

-Usman
;]
02. What are the default accounts for XXX?

AIX
~~~
guest           guest

This account did not exist on AIX 4.3.2

I saw an unpassworded guest account on a Bull Sagister box
running AIX 4.3.? a few weeks ago. However I'm not sure whether
it was admin carelessness or a default, I've certainly never seen
guest guest on any RS/6000 AIX's

Steve

--
'Cold Fire, Britains most notorious hacker' Observer, July 1997
'The most recent conviction was that of [Cold Fire] whose On-line