Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: default password list

From: mount_ararat_blossom () HOTMAIL COM (mount ararat blossom)
Date: Mon Jul 3 02:39:35 2000

hi folks,
i remember such a list from the book "hacking exposed" by
George Kurtz. They were given some default passwords and usernames for some
routers and switches. If you take a check it could be helpful for preparing
your list.
If you happen to prepare an extended list drop it by the list.
cheers

All,

During the auditing work that I have done for a company I tried to get a
default password for a certain type of router. With a lot of effort I have
found it in the corner of the Web.

I was thinking of looking for a general list of default userids/password
for
routers/switches etc., and I could not find any (ok sure - I know some does
not
have default username/passwords). It would be very interesting if anyone
knows
of such a list. If such a list does not exists, I would be interested to
compile such a list - I am sure it can help people like myself.

If you know of such a list - please let me know.
If you dont know of such a list, feel its worth while having it, and want
contribute, please let me know.

If such a list is not freely available, and there is enough feedback, I
will
put it somewhere on a webpage and send the URL to this group.

Regards,
Roelof.