Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: limited functionality accounts (was: Re: History Files)

From: rob () KOUWENBERG COM (Rob Kouwenberg)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:40:51 +0200

Hi !

If we're going for IMHO the true answer, NOONE has mentioned osh, the
operator shell. This baby does the other way around : only permitted
commands can be executed, directory paths can't be traversed. Works
even in a chrooted environment. Last time I compiled it it was around
70kbytes ..

Just to resurrect a almost dead thread.
Anyway, we were talking about restricting the users a command usage in
a shell, especially cmds such as export, = and set/uset to prevent