Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: History Files

From: BlueBoar () THIEVCO COM (Blue Boar)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:13:27 -0700

How do you enforce that?

I'd be a smart ass and point out that you'd have to take away my ability
to set the execute bit on my own files... can I can always get the
bin from off-system, and echo blahblah >> ./a.out..

But I don't know how'd you stop even the simple case.. no tools available?
Set pine as the shell?  Take the x bit off every binary on the system
for world?

                                        BB

audit wrote:

Well one thing that I have on my boxes is unless users are in certain
groups, the can't do anything besides read e-mail, this includes compiling
programs or anything of that nature.

audit