Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Controlling a program's resource usage on Unix

From: peak () ARGO TROJA MFF CUNI CZ (Pavel Kankovsky)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:02:59 +0200

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Bernie Cosell wrote:

What I'd like to do is be able to run an _arbitrary_ program and limit
what it can do....

Just another way to do it...http://subterfugue.org/

You can also have some protection against resource exhaustion using
special tricks ("trick" is subterfugue's terminus technicus for module)
such as "DoSTrick" (I hope Pavel Machek is still working on it). Not
perfect but there are some important advantages over rlimits.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."