Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: History Files

From: tech () SPACE2U COM (Tomas Westin)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:08:24 +0200

Hello,

I wrote a patch for bash a while back that provides logging of commands
executed through syslog. The advantage being that a process doesn't need
elevated privileges to write to syslog, but with sane logfile permissions
the user process can't erase anything written. The README file contains
more information for those that might be interested. The tgz package can
be fetched at http://www.ccitt5.net/code/bash-2.04-bofh-0.0.1.tar.gz

regards Tomas