Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] GPL rules - who maintains them? Nobody?

From: Philip Neukom <neukomp () profitanalytics com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:31:57 -0400

I've been watching this thread with interest.  I lurk and learn a lot
from all the discussions.  Sometime I get a good laugh too!

Being a perpetual newbie at the complete IDS/IPS area and a business guy
to boot, I was wondering why the suggestion to create a community based
CVS for the GPL rules wasn't interesting or at least discussed by
anyone.  I don't know if it was ignored out of hand or got lost in the
flaming back and forth.  I may have missed a comment as I'm on digest mode.

I understand that there are various interest groups and that is typical
of all projects.  But I have to assume that everyone wants a complete
and optimized list.  Since it is GPL I also presume that most people
want to share and help each other.

So is it my naïveté that having a central CVS set-up as many other
open-source projects with a commit structure etc. is a stupid idea?
Can't this one list have a commit structure/organization similar to
other projects?

Nuke.