Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] GPL rules - who maintains them? Nobody?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:49:12 -0400

Would probably be smarter to put them in a gpl.rules or something that way
any tool can easily disable them.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Matthew Jonkman <
jonkman () emergingthreatspro com> wrote:

If we re-sid though it'll be very difficult to manage them or identify the
duplicated rules if you pull in the vrt rules as well.

We won't have them all in one file, or likely with a unique tag in the
title. They'll be distributed as they are now in their respective
categories.

If we plan well and bring some extra manpower online for the re-sid we
could conceivably get them into a contiguous sid range to help with
automated enabling/disabling. That'll be a challenge though.

Matt