Snort mailing list archives

Re: Licensing

From: Florin Andrei <florin () andrei myip org>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:15:25 -0800

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 21:53 -0500, Martin Roesch wrote:

3) VRT rules developed and QA'd at Sourcefire will be available for
commercial redistribution if the commercial entity acquires a license
from Sourcefire.

Can someone explain to a guy who used Snort long time ago but didn't
keep in touch - what are the VRT rules and how are they different from
the rest? I know they're QA'd by SF, i wonder from a practical
standpoint - what do they give me, a Snort user, that the other rules
don't?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/