Snort mailing list archives

RE: Demarc Certified Open Signatures

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:21:48 -0600

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:24 -0500, Esler, Joel CNTR/Sytex wrote:
People (Other companies) are selling Sourcefire's work as the their
own.  This is an effort to preserve that for 5 days.  It's only 5
days!  You won't know the difference anyway!

Hey Joel,

I don't think that is completely accurate. The license for resellers is
not linked to the 5 day delay.

Resellers of the Snort software, or other products containing Snort
rules, will have to obtain a reseller license regardless.

The 5 day gap is to encourage sponsorship of the VR Team. This offer
applies to anyone, not just resellers.

I'm sure someone from Sourcefire will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Regards,
Frank