Snort mailing list archives

RE: Demarc Certified Open Signatures

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:42:54 +0100

El mié, 02-03-2005 a las 14:31 -0800, Bob Konigsberg escribió:
I don't think that's the key point here.  This has already happened with
Nessus and Snort - that is, people are making money off of their open source
work, and not giving credit OR cash back to the developers.

It's kind of sad where a few folks spoil it, but both organizations are
trying hard to stick to their roots - while getting what's due them.

Bob

But remember that one thing it's the license of the rules
and another thing it's the Copyright. You must respect the
copyright even if you can modify the rules because of the
license.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez