Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is it really a HUB?

From: "Marc Quibell" <mquibell () fbfs com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:43:57 -0600

"as long as one keeps one's box from transmitting
any data, the hub/switch will not learn its MAC address, and should send
it everything."

Actually, it will send it nothing at all....

And about the SPAM response, I never got SPAM until I joined this group, because
I've kept this email addy to myself. Now I get the SWEN WORM (yes folks, once
again, that is the "Microsoft Patch" email worm) all of the time, not to mention
SPAM. I don't see how it can be so difficult to digest lists and not post
sender's email addy's, including email addy's in the content.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 9