Snort mailing list archives

Is it really a HUB?

From: "Petriz, Pablo" <ppetriz () siscat com ar>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:19:43 -0300

I'm looking for an 'old fashioned' hub but it seems to be difficult to find
it.

I want to connect my Snort to a 100Mbps hub, i've tried with a cheap Encore
hub, but it works like a switch, and Snort can't see the traffic.

I want to know if someone has a 3com OfficeConnect Dual Speed Hub 8
(3C16753) working well with Snort before buy it.

Suggestions are allways well received, but please don't suggest a Network
Taps. It's difficult and expensive to get one here in Buenos Aires. Thanks,

PABLO