Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT: Spam Mail on List?

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:29:27 -0500

Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org> writes:

While it won't necessarily solve the problem, I encourage all of you
bothered by spam to email the companies or individuals serving up
mailing list archives and request that they obscure email addresses.

It certainly can't hurt.

It certainly can.  Archives are meant to be helpful and allow people
to see WHAT was being talked about and WHO was saying it.

I've often mailed people from a thread that happened 2 years ago to
find out if they ever had particular results and I'm still getting
email regarding projects that I might have appeared on a mailing list
for a 1 week stint.

I hate spam and there are times when I think my 30mb of bayesian
classifications + spam assassin to deal with spam is not sufficient
but people can still interact with me.

It's a crappy problem to deal with but hiding isn't going to solve the
problem.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
"I'm beginning to think that my router may be confused."