Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT: Spam Mail on List?

From: Tim Rohrer <snort () metbymail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:29:07 -0800

Unfortunately, my home addresses are affect now as well so it is no longer just a matter of turning the addresses off.

Thanks for all the responses, everyone.

Tim

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 03:03 AM, Daniél Haslinger wrote:

A quite common problem..

Webarchives store the content of mailing lists,
to prevent the information of those lists from getting lost.
(sorry for the bad english!).

some archives I know:

    lists.virus.org/snort-users-0308
    archives.neohapsis.com/archives/ snort
    www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users

That's a good thing, but unfortunately some of those lists
don't "x" your e-mail adresses out, like d.haslinger () xxxxxxxx xxx

So E-Mail Crawler which search the web for e-Mail Adresses are able
to find and store your Adresses and use them for spamming-purposes.

That's one of the negative parts of mailing lists, but quite common,
be happy that you use a "special" address, I'm full of spam here, and
I use the addy for commercial purposes ... so I'm not able to turn it
off if I want to..

hth,
Daniél

<image.tiff>