Snort mailing list archives

RE: Windows Snort Users

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:27:12 -0700

Michael,

Before you go leading the lambs to the slaughter, you first state that it's
'the fastest easiest way to get things up-and-running' then in the next
sentence you state 'It may require a little "tweaking"'. This is not a Slam
Dunk method.

You got to know that most (not all) Windows users that require an auto
installer won't know enough to tweak the install when there are problems.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with auto installers, for some it's the
only way to get something on their system that normally they could never
have gotten installed.

Check out the web, there are other alternatives for Windows users.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels () winsnort com