Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNMP Support in FreeBSD

From: Alexey Kuzmenko <ask () un kiev ua>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:14:13 +0300

Hello Keith,

KL> I need to build snort with SNMP support on a FreeBSD machine running 4.8
KL> Stable.  I tried installing from ports with -DWITH_SNMP but this does not
KL> compile with SNMP support.  I then tried to install from source, 2.0.1 with
KL> the debug switch, and get an error during make.  The error I get is:

KL> aclocal-1.6: not found

I've got the same problem with patched snort to support spade plugin.
But the error was with automake-1.6 I've managed this problem only
after inslation of automake-1.6 from GNU sources but not from FreeBSD
ports (there isn't 1.6 version in the ports collection) but now my
snort generates core dumps :-(

--
Alexey Kuzmenko
CCNA