Snort mailing list archives

RE: SNMP Support in FreeBSD

From: Martin Olsson <elof () sentor se>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:02:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Erek Adams wrote:
OK, here's a little step to try before going any further in
troubleshooting this port problem:
%pwd
/usr/ports/security/snort
%grep -i snmp Makefile
%
When I built 1.9.x last year with SNMP I had to build from
source because the port didn't have anything about snmp in it.
I kept my mouth shut bc that was a long time ago, but it seems
that this is still the case.  If anyone has evidence to the
contrary I tip my hat.

I think there's something that's getting missed here:  SNMP is not part of
the distro for Snort.  The plugin was removed back in the 1.9.x days,
IIRC.  Since it's not part of the release/distro, I wouldn't expect the
port maintainer to give an unoffical build/patch to the code.

The Changelog state:

2003-03-21  Chris Green  <cmg () sourcefire com>
        * sspp_asn1, fnord, spo_xml, spo_SnmpTrap
          - removed ( will be available later as a contrib )

The support was removed in snort v2.0.0.

No spo_snmptrap seem to exist in the contrib section...

/Martin