Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNMP Support in FreeBSD

From: Michael Sierchio <kudzu () tenebras com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:44:51 -0700

Keith Long wrote:
Hello all,
I need to build snort with SNMP support on a FreeBSD machine running 4.8
Stable.  I tried installing from ports with -DWITH_SNMP but this does not
compile with SNMP support.  I then tried to install from source, 2.0.1 with
the debug switch, and get an error during make.  The error I get is:
aclocal-1.6: not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.6' is needed, and you do not seem to have it handy on
your
         system.  You might have modified some files without having the
         proper tools for further handling them.  Check the `README' file,
         it often tells you about the needed prerequirements for installing
         this package.  You may also peek at any GNU archive site, in case
         some other package would contain this missing `aclocal-1.6'
program.

install automake and autoconf from the ports;
install net-snmp from the ports;

You may need to pkg_delete and remake snort.