Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNMP Support in FreeBSD

From: Michael Sierchio <kudzu () tenebras com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:49:00 -0700

Keith Long wrote:
SNMP support was removed from the Snort 2.0.0 base distro.  However, there
is a patch available at

http://www.cysols.com/contrib/snortsnmp/index.html

which allows you to patch the source before compiling so that you can build
with SNMP support.  I have applied the patch successfully to the source but
during make I receive the following error.

aclocal-1.6: not found

Any ideas why I get this error?

Because the braindead patch config mentions it by version, and
you have 1.6.3.  It also mentions automake-1.6.

It also doesn't correctly locate libcrypto.so