Snort mailing list archives

Re: Acid Email Alerts

From: Thomas Bechtold <ThomasBechtold () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:28:47 +0200

Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2003 21:24 schrieb Robin Johnson:
Does anyone know how to configure a redhat 8.0 server to send email alerts
from Acid
ALthough you can define the email types in acid_conf.php I dont understand
what I need to configure to get the mail actually sent.
Any help will be much appreciated.

This is just a test project Im setting up from home to familiarise myself
with linux,apache and php etc.

I'm not sure, but i think you can send e-mails with acid only by hand. For
example you see alters in acid and the you can you the Action 'Send E-Mail'.
Thats it. I don't know a way to send automatic e-mails to sysop if theres an
alert.
You can use syslog and logcheck to do this, i think. I have the same problem
and i'll testing this next week.

Tom